Opportunities for Photographers
Michael Chadwick Photography is currently accepting applications for the following team member positions: Up and Coming Photographers, Experienced Photographers, and Master Photographers.
Up and Coming Photographers are technically competent with their equipment and have been trained in its proper use. They are occasionally wedding day assistants, but more often they are second photographers at weddings being photographed by either Experienced Photographers or Master Photographers. They have experience with other avenues of photography but are relatively new to the wedding scene. They are eager to learn, taking guidance and constructive criticism in the interest of improving their technical and wedding day photography skills. They will start out shadowing a Master photographer, eventually moving into being a second photographer for the studio. Once enough experience and history has been established, they will be eligible for primary photography jobs when the studio has them available.
Experienced Photographers should have a decent amount of experience with weddings as a primary photographer (at least 50, preferrably in the range of 100-150) and should not require much technical and experiential guidance. Experienced Photographers might be “weekend warriors” with other jobs, but have a goal of becoming a Master Photographer in the future.
Master Photographers are considered experienced enough that absolutely no guidance or oversight is needed. They have photographed at least 150 (preferrably 200 or more) weddings as a primary photographer. They have expertise in multiple areas of photography, not just weddings, and are currently or soon to be full-time photographers.
We strive to be at the highest performance level at all times, and that includes not just technical skill with a camera. We continuously educate ourselves in photographic techniques, and also work on various other skills which are useful at weddings. Michael provides constructive criticism to his team members after each shoot, so you have to be willing to learn the studio style and expectations.
What We Look For
- Professionalism: Punctuality, Proper Dress, Proper Interaction with Colleagues and Clients
- Experience: This is not a school, it is a business. Learn the skills, get the experience, then contact us.
- Eagerness: We want people who are eager to work in a collaborative environment, eager to give our clients a great experience, and eager to make art.
- Humor: The ability to laugh and make others laugh is really important at weddings and when interacting with colleagues.
- Adaptability: Weddings and other shoots require people who can pivot on the fly and not get stressed out. We must be the calm for our clients at all times.
- Confidence: You’re going to get kind and constructive criticism. That is how we get better. If your skin is not thick enough for that, do not apply.
- A Strong and Creative Portfolio: We want to see your work, skill, and how you compose your shots.
To apply, send a cover letter, a list of your experience, a link to your portfolio, a list of the equipment you typically use at weddings and events, and any other information you feel would make you a potential candidate.
We are not looking for anyone at this time, but will most likely be adding an Editor/Retoucher to the team at some point in 2018 or 2019. If this is of interest to you, please send your resume information and before/after samples to email@example.com
- Process RAW images to jpg using studio techniques and styles
- Basic retouching of images to remove non-permanent blemishes,etc.
- Process high-tune retouching for print product purchases